August 26, 2011

A sneak peek at the teenage years

I admit that Stacey has spoiled me and been responsible for the girls getting to and from Helen's house since the first day I came back to work.  After all that was part of what made it so easy to come back.  Now don't get me wrong, I have taken my turn (usually during hunting season) at dropping them off or picking them up, but it has just never been my primary responsibility.  So now I am still adjusting to having to take the girls to and from preschool two days a week.  Stacey will often come home so frustrated after getting the girls.  I might have given him a hard time about not enjoying his daily time with the girls, but no more.

After I picked up the girls last night we headed home knowing that we needed to go to the grocery store to pick up a few things.  The whole was home was filled with questions that I had no idea why I was supposed to know the answers to or why anyone would need to care?  "Mom why is that blue car for sale?"  "Mom where is Ms. June (aka the summer preschool teacher)?"  "Mom why are fruitloops the colors they are?" 

I have a great deal of patience, but at the end of what was a very long day (thanks to policy 2875--my Fort friends will get that), I really wanted to just enjoy a little music or conversation that did not involve 50 questions.  After what seemed like 12 hours (in reality about 10 minutes) the girls began to sing along to the song and I was getting my quite time.  Any good parent knows that when it gets quite problems are not far behind.  Then bam it hit.....

"Uh mom didn't you say we needed to go to the store because like you went the wrong way totally Sam's Club is back that way...like duh mom."  Laughing hysterically, I just simple responded "hunny we are going to Patricia's in Odessa not Sam's Club."  Ella came back with "oh I thought you did not know what you were doing."  And then the questions began again.  At least I can hold on to the fact that three days a week I drive in silence, the only silence that I might have while awake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment