September 29, 2011

The Hunting Widow

I met Stacey in December 2001 and by April when he had moved in, I realized that I was living with a hunter.  Now many of you may say so what, but let me tell you it is a lifestyle not a hobby.  By the fall of 2002 I really knew what I was in for and I loved it!  I love spending time with Stace, but I really enjoy the fall when he can be gone up to 3 or 4 nights a week and the opening weekend deer camp trip (now in fairness I will say that since he started the Taxidermy and we had kids, his hunting days have been cut down some).  It was our bestman Doug who said at our wedding, "usually Stacey would have a girlfriend and then October would come around and by the winter he no longer had a girlfriend so when Stephanie was still around in the winter we knew she was a keeper."

Before kids my "hunting days" were spent watching my football games (ie not MU), girly movies, organizing parts of the house (yes I do enjoy doing that and yes I know it is a sickness), shopping with my friends and mom, and anything I wanted to do.  Not too much has changed for my hunting days now that the kids have come along except to say that yes pancakes can be dinner and yes you can just eat noodles and butter and call it a meal :). 

Now I look forward to the day when Stacey and the girls all go hunting and I will be the one to sacrifice and stay at home.  Just imagine a whole day or weekend with everyone gone and just me at the house (hey a girl can dream can't she). 


We will miss you this fall hunny, but good luck!  Oh yeah and when are you taking the girls hunting :)

To all you hunters out there, best of luck this season and if you should get the big one I know a great taxidermist that can help you out :).

To all the hunting widows, enjoy the season and happy shopping, eating, or just laying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment