September 7, 2011

A Shout Out to Stacey

Our life is crazy busy and the girls are not even involved in much yet.  With so much going on it is easy to overlook the best thing that happened to me, Stacey.  Eight years ago I married my best friend and life, no matter how crazy it gets, he is the bright spot in my day.  So today's blog post goes out to Stacey!

Many dads I know are not as involved as Stacey.  He was a good sport when the girls dance class got moved to Tuesday nights and he got to be the one to get the girls ready and take them to dance for at least half the classes if not more.  Add in the fact that he is solely responsible for the girls at least 1 night a week and you have Super Dad!  It should be no surprise that the one time he goes out of town, Ella stares out the window and cries for her snuggle buddy.  I am happy to say that WE are raising our kids and he has been in it every step of the way from the first night (truth be told some weeks he sees them more then me).  The girls will someday realize how lucky they are to have such a great dad.  Plus seeing him in action with the girls is one of the things I love the most about him. 

We don't always get to spend as much time together as we would like, but we always have fun and find a reason to laugh. After all if we can't laugh at ourselves and each other I don't know that we would make it day to day. 

He is so understanding of my 5 phone calls a day with my mother, he helps to cook dinner almost every night (if he does not make it alone), he makes sure that I never have to get in a cold car, and he always listens to my rants and gossip that I just have to share, he makes breakfast on the weekends, he tolerates my busy schedule knowing how much I love my job, and so much more that I can not even think of right now. 

I am a lucky woman to share my life with such a great man.  I love you babe and agree we have it pretty good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment