October 17, 2011

Papa's Girl

When Dan married into this family he never knew that he would end up with five girls not just two (and that does not even count other grandkids).  While Christina and I were a breeze to deal with :), these little girls are anything but. 

Grace, more so then Ella, is a proclaimed Papa's Girl.  We have had talks were Ella says she is a helper girl and a mommy and daddy's girl and asks Grace who she wants to be and Grace always, and I mean always, says "well I really papa's girl."  If she get hurt, or sad, or in trouble, or really just anytime she can open her mouth it is always I miss my papa, I need my papa, can I call my papa.  The last is by far my favorite.  Most of the calls she makes Dan ends not having a clue what they just talked about, but really I guess that might just be that she is a girl and he is a boy.  She will tell him about her day, what she wants to do next time she sees him, or how he gets to do something for her.  Take her to nana and papa's and she can find papa's lap quicker then an Oreo can find Dan's mouth (sorry had to add that in there). 

It should come as no surprise that when I told Grace we were going to see papa on Sunday that her face just beamed.  Sunday morning came and she had to get all dressed up, after all it had been two weeks since she had seen him which was just torture in her mind.  On the way she wanted to call and make sure papa would be home when she arrived.  After jumping in his lap she only moved to have her dress hemmed (which papa had to look at and watch the process for her) and to get a book in which papa must read.  Papa even got caught trying to skip pages (silly papa).  After watching almost all the football game that papa was coaching I suggested that it was time to head home.  If you could see the hurt in her eyes you would realize why we stayed another hour until papa was done coaching so she could give him a hug goodbye. 

So there is only one question left, papa when does Grace get to see you again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment