November 21, 2011

Girls Night

Friday night mom and I took the girls on a girls night out.  They had been looking foward to this all week.  Not only were they going to see nana, but princess Belle as well.  Friday morning I reminded them that today was the day and Grace asked if her papa could come to which Ella promply yelled at her that papa was a boy and it was girls night.  At this point I was thinking maybe this was going to be a long night. 

After work I got the girls and asked them what they wanted to eat for dinner.  Taco Bell they yelled!  Really, mom and nana will take you out to eat and you want Taco Bell.  Not that I mind Taco Bell, it is actually one of my favorite fast food places to eat.  I was just thinking of a little something nicer.  After grabbing nana we headed to Hobby Lobby to take a look around and waste a little time before heading to eat.  I actually got the girls to agree on a Mexican place that did not serve food on a tray. 

The hightlight of the evening was taking the girls to the theatere to see Beauty and the Beast.  Well ok it was technically a theatere, but the performers were Fort Osage High School Students.  In my mind this production was going to be about an hour and a half, but I was told Friday morning that it was more like two and a half hours.  The girls were so excited to enter the theatre.  We had talked about how you needed to act and what would happen, but the looks on their faces were priceless. 
 Ella before the show



 Grace before the show.

They were great the entire performance.  I would look over at Grace and she would have the biggest smile on her face.  A few times I thought Ella would fall alseep, but they both stayed awake the whole show.  The Fort Osage High School students did an amazing job and the production was excellent. 

After the show the girls got to "meet" the cast in the lobby.  Grace could not wait to see Belle and get her picture taken with her.  The girl who played Belle was so good to the little kids and really made them feel special.  The girls talked non stop about the show on the way home and wanted to know when they could take nana back to see another show. 

All and all a successful girls night out!




The girls with princess Belle.


No comments:

Post a Comment