July 22, 2014

60 days of Me

I admit it I feel guilty when I spend time daily for just me.  I know I shouldn't, but face it there is not much time Monday through Friday that I get to spend with Stacey and the girls.  Sure there are the weekends, but between errands, household chores, and things we are invited to do, the weekend flies by too.  Recently I have been going back to working out, something I have not done consistently in about 3 years (ok truth be told I have worked out a grand total of 10 times in the past month).  Today that all changed.  Today began the 60 days of me.

The 60 days of me is a focus for the next 60 days on improving my health and fitness.  Why 60 days you might ask?  Well our next family vacation is about 60 days away and it seemed like a good ending goal. Should I complete all 60 days, then I can reward myself with a trip to my favorite spa in Estes Park!  Now talk about motivation.

Let me explain.  I did an great job of working out and watching what I was eating before the girls.  The girls came along and we still did a pretty good job despite obstacles that were thrown our way.  About 3 years ago it stopped.  Life started to get crazy busy, work got crazy busy, parents had medical issues, the girls started school and activities, frankly life happened.  The first thing to go was the exercise.  I mean really by 8:30 at night when I am just getting home or just finishing up putting kids to bed I am tired.  Chances are I still had stuff around the house that needed to get done and going to workout was not really top on the list.  I mean sure I have gained a few pounds, but it is more about just not feeling as good.  Clothes don't fit the way I want them to fit.  I feel a lack of energy some days.  While we did not eat any more fast food, we were not eating as healthy as we used to.  It was easier to grab a bit out for lunch then to actually make a healthy lunch.  Throw in that my doctor said with my family health history I really needed to start exercising and watching what I ate and I should have all the motivation that I need.  I kept saying I would work out as soon as I walked in the door after work.  "Mom can you get me milk." "Mom can you play with me." Emails needed taken care of, calls came in, all excuses and things that I would say had to be done now.  Always putting someone or something else above working out for me.  

Not any more.  I admit it, I am going to be selfish for the next 60 days.  I love my quite evenings with Stacey and I would not change stopping everything to play a game of Uno with the girls.  So today, on a random Tuesday it started.  Here is my promise to myself over the next 60 days, or rather things I hope to accomplish:

  • I will get up early and follow my P90x3 workout program Monday through Friday (well except the yoga, I hate yoga).  This means working out 5 days a week.  Weekdays i am getting up at 5:00 a.m. so no excuses of things that need my attention.    I am allowing for two days a week of rest or just life in general.  For those who know us at the lake, have no fear you will not see me lunging around the campground with my weights, but you will see me taking a bike ride or a walk on my off days.  
  • Decrease my coke-a-cola intake.  I usually only drink a 12 ounce can a day, but I would like to cut back and stop my occasional Sonic 99 cent stops in the morning.
  • I am going to order my skin care for my face and stop making excuses why it is too expensive.  My skin is driving me nuts and I am going to try it.  If it works then it is worth the money and if nothing changes then I know and can try something else.
  • As a family we are going to eat healthier.  Now this will not be a huge change for three of us in the family.  Grace on the other hand may grow to hate me. I have no idea how a child that is from Stacey and I can not stand any fruits and veggies.  Not a one unless you count fruit roll ups as fruit and I do not!
  • No eating out for lunch, except for those business luncheons that are not really an option.  
  • Make a better financial plan so we can accomplish our financial goals that have changed so much over the years.  
Stacey will be the first to ask me why I am putting this out there.  I need your help and motivation.  Ask me how I am doing on my challenge.  Keep me accountable.  Heck join in if you want.  If I can do something for 60 days then it will just keep being a routine right??????

No comments:

Post a Comment