January 4, 2012

Holiday Break

I am very lucky that as a working mom I have a job that still gives me a Christmas break.  Don't miss understand, I still get vacations, Thanksgiving break, spring break, and random holidays, but Christmas break is a whole different monster. 

I had a great plan of things that I was going to get accomplished in my time off.  My last day of work was on a Thursday and after picking the girls up from preschool we hit the grocery store, along with about 500 other people :).  I let the girls stay home from the sitters on Friday since Stacey had off and we could all sleep in.  Ella had other plans to kick off our vacation and got up at 5:30 a.m.  Monday we all stayed home to enjoy more family time (i mean really like three days 24/7 together was not enough).  By Tuesday I was ready to get everyone out of the house and get started on my to do list.  While productive for two days, but Thursday I was tired and thought I would let the girls stay home from preschool and sleep in.  Ella struck again, but at least Stacey had to go to work and got up with her so I got to sleep till about 6:45 a.m.  I had already told the babysitter they would not be there Friday and so here we were in for three more days at home together. 

I have never been so ready to start back to work on Monday and get a little time to myself (ok well I know it is work, but time away makes you want to be home more i know it does).  It gave me a deep appreciation to all the stay at home moms and just confirmed for me that I can not be one of you. 

Overall, it was great to spend some quality family time together and have some fun in the process.  While not even half my to do list was accomplished, there was lots of snuggling, jammie time (wait for that blog next week), and laughs! 

Here are a few highlight photo:

The girls got new princess dress up items and Grace loved it!


Ella with her new build a bear thanks to all the birthday and Christmas gift cards

Stacey making a cognac cream sauce for our steaks on New Years Eve
Yes it is supposed to flame up like that
Yes he wears Micky PJS thanks to the girls getting them for him for Christmas last year and yes he wants to kill me for it each time he puts them on and yes I just laugh each time

No comments:

Post a Comment